Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

A summary of what I did in 2012

Sometimes I feel like I'm really not getting much done. And then I look at my list. I was surprised by how far I've come in just one year. It may not seem like a lot to some people, but I'm pleased with the progress - slow and steady! And I feel like I've learned a lot from each step. Of course, I have to add in the meetings with my critique group. We try for every 2 weeks. It's good to have a deadline. And it's good to look for mistakes in someone else's work. I think once I see a problem in someone else's work I can then see it in mine.


January
Published Catburglar on SW and KDP
Sent White Lies out to readers

February
Submitted A Loss of Standards to a contest and a magazine (rejected by both)
Published White Lies on KDP Select - exclusive for 90 days

March
Made Catburglar free (289 downloads to date)
White Lies free promo on KDP - 492 downloads
Interviewed on Kris Wampler's blog

April
Published A Loss of Standards on Smashwords and KDP
White Lies free promo on KDP - 68 downloads
Posted White Lies on Wise Grey Owl website

May
Published White Lies on Smashwords and CreateSpace (print)

June
Goodreads Giveaway of White Lies - 607 signed up, 81 added "to read", 5 given away - got 3 reviews

August
Blog's 1st anniversary - a whole year of consistently blogging

September
Truth's Enigma rewrite to readers for feedback
First payment received from KDP

October
Submitted Home Inspection to a magazine (rejected)
Started rewrite on Unintended Consequences

November
Sold a drawing off the blog!
Put White Lies up on ACX (an audio book creation site)
Put Truth's Enigma on back burner to simmer while I finish Unintended Consequences
Entered White Lies in a self-published book contest on Underground Book Reviews

December
First reading at the Asheville Public Library West Branch - sold 1 book!
Submitted Keep Moving to a magazine
White Lies is now for sale in my local bookstore - Malaprops

And according to my notes on Goodreads I read 37 books.



No comments:

Post a Comment