Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Not really resolutions

I have decided to dedicate the beginning of the year to just writing.

Silly. I thought I was doing that last year, too. But all sorts of things crept in...

I got the marketing bug and spent hours spinning my wheels on pointless schemes.

And I got stuck a few times. There's nothing like a dull scene to make you wander around the house cleaning, tidying, filing...anything to avoid that ugly scene.

And I got distracted by new ideas and short stories that insisted on being written.

I planned and plotted and organized myself out of writing time.

Now I have been telling everyone that I will have the new mystery story out by March. Um...but it isn't even half done yet. So that means LOTS of writing. Which means I need the time to write. And that leads me to curtailing everything else.

As Erma Bombeck used to say - If it doesn't involve blood or vomit, leave me alone.

I am planning on writing only the novel for the next month or 2. So blogging may be spotty. I'll try for at least once a week. No marketing, no short stories, no futzing around unless I get my goal number of words on paper.

Whew. Hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment