Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2017

All the Loose Ends

I watched the end of a miniseries last night that left me with a lot of questions.

It was an interesting set up in that the main mystery was actually a red herring. The internal mystery was wrapped up happily, but not much else.

One character is very intriguing. Just as you get to know him, he commits a murder. Further on, he confesses to another character. This is a major revelation and goes nowhere. I couldn't help thinking of the burden he placed on his friend. The murder would never be solved. And it was committed with such aplomb that the viewer is left to wonder if it was his first. There's a whole story right there.

Several of the characters acted badly. I was left wondering what would happen in their lives now that they'd destroyed their careers. More loose ends.

Or maybe this was a good show because the characters are still with me. I want to know what happens next. I want to see them go on to the next chapter in their lives.

Maybe I will need to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment