Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Haircut

Every decade or so I get an urge to cut off all my hair. Then I change direction and spend the rest of that decade growing it all back in.

Well, the time came. I found a local salon that looked interesting and made an appointment. Now, you have to understand that I am the type of person that takes a while to make a decision, but once it's made I'm ready.

The hairdresser was hesitant. This always happens. I go in with hair down past my shoulders, with plans for a short cut, and the hairdresser doesn't believe me. I didn't understand until I met a woman who said she cried every time she got her hair cut. Then I realized how traumatic it must be for a hairdresser to finish and her customer to burst into tears.

So I coaxed her along. Yes, shorter. Oh, maybe a little shorter. This could be shorter, here... And voila! My hair was as short as I had hoped.

Unfortunately, my hair will never do what I want it to do. I have at least 6 cowlicks. So when it's really short it sticks up in 6 different directions. Learned that the hard way. But I'm pleased with the cut. I might even take some pictures to post this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment