Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Vacation!

Every year, for the past 5 years, a certain portion of female family members get together at my house for a week of play time, gossip and relaxation. Lovely. That week has arrived.

It is a time of grounding for me. I reconnect with sisters and nieces and the occasional cousin or old friend. We go out on the town and I rediscover how much I enjoy the area where I'm living. Beautiful mountains, fun shops downtown, great restaurants, all remind me why I moved here in the first place.

It is also a time to get out of my head and into the present. Writing is a solitary occupation that involves the imagination. I spend hours every day thinking and plotting and basically day-dreaming my story on to the computer. Being with people, out doing things in the real world is rejuvenating to that process.

Besides being just flat out fun. We chat and snack and stroll and gossip. We catch up on each other's lives and trials and joys. We play games. We go out to eat. And best of all is Spa Day. Ahh, spa day.

So I am taking a small time away from the rewrite of Scattered Seeds. When I return to work, I expect to do so with great gusto!



No comments:

Post a Comment