Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

...And Repeat

Time to start all over again.

I am still wrapping up some Scattered Seeds book launch odds and ends, but I've started on the next book. In fact, the other day I had to tell myself that marketing wasn't cheating on my writing, because it is important, too. But I am very possessive of my writing time.

I've got the mechanical bits of publishing down pretty well now. If I could just get a handle on the marketing side, I'd be delighted. So many things to learn. Yet it seems to all comes down to word of mouth and reviews. So go review the book you just finished reading! Authors need you!

I've got the bones down for the first few chapters of Façade. Since this is a story I've been writing for about 15 years, I was able to outline the first book easily. I think I have managed to strip out the bloat and focus the story. There will be hints of the backstory that will come out in later novels. It finally occurred to me that some of that stuff needed its own novel.

As often happens, the story took off in an unexpected direction. I followed it and realized where it needed to go. I'm pleased with how things are coming along. Since some of the Scattered Seeds editing took longer than I expected, I'm running a little behind on my word count schedule. I have learned to build in some leeway for those little interruptions called life (illness, emergencies, laziness and such) so I should still be about on schedule.

Façade is going to be submitted to the Kindle Scout program. (Provided it is still running next spring.) I think this series has tremendous potential. I hope they agree with me. I will post more information about it when I get closer to completion. The novel must be finished, polished and have a cover for the submission.

So - back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment