Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Reshaping the tome

The tome is now a trilogy.

Whew.

I segregated the story lines out into the three books and it makes a lot of sense. It also contains the individual arcs of the three stories and allows each to act as a stand alone with only a minor plot line or two unraveled. This leaves me with a good portion of both book 1 and 2 written (and in need of vigorous tweaking), and book 3 a jumble of leftovers with a new unifying plot. YAY!

I finished the cut and paste of the sections I want to be in the first book. Now that I know the POV and throughline I can't wait to work on it. I have to admit to being a bit sluggish lately in the writing department. Not sure if it's because I was working on the umpteenth rewrite of the mystery, or because I knew the mystery didn't have an immediate future. It's such a relief to be back to the fantasy genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment