Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A story sent out

It's been a very long time since I submitted a story for publication. I started it for a contest. Somehow it morphed and didn't fit the contest parameters anymore. But it did fit a market I knew. So I polished it and sent it out.

When I hit the submit button I was pleased, but that OH MY GOD SOMEONE WILL SEE IT! sensation didn't hit. I think working with my critique group has finally worked that fear out of me. Now it's more of a will they/won't they anticipation. I no longer fear that I'll get an email telling me never to write again.

Self publishing has raised my confidence also. The people who have read White Lies have enjoyed it. The feedback from a wide selection of readers has been positive. That makes me feel like I know what I'm doing.

The turn around could be 3 months, so I might have a bit of a wait to find out if they want it. Of course, I always hope to hear sooner than the stated guidelines.

Part of me wanted to do something different. Part of me sees this as a bit of advertising. Either way, I really hope it gets accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment