Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Computer Overload

I got a new computer.

I transferred all the files myself. I am extremely proud of myself for getting that done. Even though it took me two days and a whole lotta grief. I'm still loading odds and ends that I forgot about, like bookmarks.

The new computer has new software. With a learning curve. Things are not where I expect them to be. Some things are gone completely, I think, maybe, but I'm still looking. My picture viewer is different. My Outlook is a monster. I started using Chrome and that's all new too. Sigh.

In other news...

Bertie likes houseplants

Bertie still likes to help me work

Bertie likes to hide.

The black hole of family research continues to eat away my time. I find myself cruising through old newspapers reading stories over 100 years old. It's amazing what you can find. I have discovered that many of my relatives were entrepreneurs. There were a bunch of businesses started - a marble (stone not toy) company, a grocery store, jewelry store and an excavation equipment company.

The search for the relative that came over from Ireland has skidded to a halt. I may need to pay for some of that information, so I've put it on the back burner.

October has been an odd month. I didn't get a lot of writing done, but what I did was more in the way of outlining. It is helping me to see some holes that need fixing. New characters are cropping up and new settings. I'm still putting the pieces together. But I feel like I'm making some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment