Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

And the marketing continues...

Spent most of the morning finishing up a Powerpoint about Lethal Seasons for Slideshare. It's fun. I like doing it. For once, it's graphics I understand. However, I should have paid more attention to what was on the site. All my clever little fades and fly-ins of text didn't work once it was loaded. So I shouldn't have worried about it at all. Oh well, live and learn. The next one will be that much easier.

If you want to check it out go here SlideShare.

Marketing. Well. What can I say? I am reading tons of advice and boiling it all down to what I can handle - skill-wise, time-wise and budget-wise. There are so many options out there, and I haven't a clue which ones will work. This SlideShare thing was one of the new things to try. It's free and very easy- my kind of thing!

I sent out a press-release about the pre-orders to one site. I am curious to see if I get any feedback on that. Hopefully all of these little things piled on top of one another add up to something in the end. I think a lot of it is being in the right place at the right time with a quality product. So fingers crossed and full speed ahead.

Newsletter! Yes, it's true. I have started a newsletter. I will only send one out when I have something new - a new book, a sale, discounts, whatever. So it won't be going out every month. For the few of you who received the first one, I'd love some feedback. And please pass it on to any other Scifi or Mystery fans you know.

Ebook Discounts!
White Lies and Unintended Consequences ebooks are on sale at 50% off at Smashwords.

The Goodreads Giveaway runs through to midnight on July 18. I am giving away 8 books.

And now I get to start formatting Lethal Seasons for all the various publication platforms. This is the trickiest part. I lost my patience on the last book, rushing it out before it was perfect. I will try to be better with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment