Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

The little nasturtium that could

This is a picture of a nasturtium flower in the top of a butterfly bush. It climbed all the way through the bush, probably about 8'. The butterfly bush is on the backside of flower time. And besides, it's purple. So I was very surprised to see an orange flower in the bush. I thought maybe it was an especially orange maple leaf that had fallen. But, no...it's super nasturtium!

Here's a more normal one, lounging on the sidewalk. Although, I don't remember it being striped earlier in the season.
Things change in my yard. Sometimes I think the squirrel is digging up plants and rearranging them. And colors change, too. I have a pink shrub rose that suddenly has a branch of bright red blooms.

Good thing I like surprises.


No comments:

Post a Comment