Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier

I've commented before on books that were "Not my cup of tea," THIS IS. I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the setting, just everything. The prose is so smooth you don't see the words and fall into the story. Wonderful! Now I will start at the beginning and read all of her works.

I can't put my finger on the elements that suck me in so readily. Maybe the realistic characters, or maybe the harsh setting resonates with me somehow.

The writing is clean and tight. After reading a handful of clunky, awkward self-pubs this book was a dive into cool water.I blasted through it without a backward look. No jockeying back and forth over a sentence to figure out who was speaking or thinking or such. No peculiar word choices or poor punctuation. Ahhh. Just a lovely story written well. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment