Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

What I learned from the promotion

White Lies went free on Kindle from March 23 - 24.

I had 492 downloads.

Whoo hoo! My story is now in the hands of almost 500 strangers (and a couple relatives, I think). And the book's page has the infamous also-boughts and also-looked-ats.

Of those 492 downloads 38 were in the UK and 2 were in Germany. I hadn't given any thought to the non-US market. Very cool.

Now I know this is small beans compared to some of the bragging in various forums and blogs. I've seen people crowing over thousands of downloads. Amazing. But considering the absolute minimum amount of advertising I've done, I'm pretty impressed.

I suppose the real test is whether the people that download the free stories ever get around to reading them. And hopefully reviewing them. I'm not sure how long it will take before the first review comes in. Can't wait.

As of today, there has been 1 sale. I don't know if it was influenced by the promo or not. We'll just have to see how the week plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment