Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A walk in the park


I've been trying to start some new and healthier habits, like walking regularly. I am a list-maker. I have a planning sheet for the week. I put down all the things I need to do and all the things I want to do. The wants usually get left in the dust of the needs.

This week I have been making more realistic lists. Which means a lot of things actually got done! Like walking in the park.

I am lucky to live in a town that has great parks. One of my favorite is right on the river. It has a well used and well maintained walking trail. There are a series of parks along the river. They are sort of linked. Unfortunately there's a space in the middle that isn't a park,  yet. It used to be a junkyard. It's in the remediation stage. Eventually the parks will all be linked up.

Today I managed to get in the car and drive to the park. It shouldn't be hard...but somehow it rarely happens. Something always comes up - work or a garden problem or some other deadline that jumps the list of priorities. Today walking was my priority.

We've had way too much rain lately. The river was high and muddy. But all that rain made the park especially lush. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. The sun was hot, but there was a lovely cool breeze. All in all, a very pleasant walk. Hope I can work that into a regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment