Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Dreaded Typo

It wasn't so much a typo as it was the entirely wrong word.

When I set up Charade to publish on Amazon, I put the wrong word in the series name. Sheesh. Instead of Transmutation, I put Transformation. And off it went, book 2 in a series that didn't exist. I didn't even notice until a friend alerted me. (Thanks, Alex!) I scurried out there to change it, but most of the promos for book 1 had already occurred. Argh.

Hmmm. I wonder if that hurt the sales at all? (Where's that satirical emoji?)

I was wondering why the "Books in the Series" didn't pop up on the product page. Sigh.

Live and learn, I suppose. This book has had its issues. I don't know why it's been so hard to get this one out the gate. I'm a little disappointed with how poorly this series is doing. Maybe I just need to wait until book 3 is out. Or I have to get a little more imaginative with my marketing.

Ah, the ever changing marketing game. I tried the same system that worked so well on the release of Gleanings. Crickets. I guess it's a different audience. Just because I read both genres doesn't mean readers of one series will cross over to the other.

There is always something new to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment