Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Today I listened.

I found this lovely picture on clipart. It doesn't look like my neighborhood, but it does look like a place I'd want to be.

It rained last night so the garden was wet and chilly. By break time this morning, the sun was shining. I felt the need for a walk and stepped out into a clear, cool morning. It was a bit of a surprise.

As I walked up the street I listened.

I feel very lucky to have such a quiet neighborhood. There was the random bark from a dog here or there, a robin, blue jay and on the way back, crows. I heard a motorcycle, and the sounds of construction - saws and drills, but faintly. Other than that it was quiet enough to hear the wind in the trees.

The sky was a cloudless blue, the sun felt good - it was only 66 degrees when I left the house. I could smell the change of season in the air - dried leaves and damp earth.

All in all an excellent walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment