Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hooray for Spring!

It may not feel like it every day, but it's coming.


The crocuses are up! And the baby daffs, mini-irises and primroses.

I
.

It's time to start digging in the dirt, planting seeds and bulbs. Time to start some summer veggie seeds.

This is actually an old picture. I have changed the garden several times since it was taken. Now I have raised beds and I love them. They are so much easier to take care of. There is still weeding and patrolling for pests, but somehow it's a little easier this way. And of course they are above the high water line. I have to work on drainage this year. With all the rain last year the garden was flooded a number of times.

The apricot is booming and the plum isn't far behind. The strawberries are putting out new growth. A few carrots that I missed last year have come up. I might let them bloom this year. The flower is pretty like a big Queen Anne's Lace. I like to have flowers in the vegetable garden. Some are there to confuse the bugs, but mostly because they're pretty.


Time to go play in the dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment