Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Marketing, Frost and Phase of the Moon

First - marketing.

This week I had my second free trial for White Lies on Kindle Select. It didn't go as well as the previous one. So maybe it has to do with being on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Or maybe I hit just the right post at just the right time, last time. The first free trial didn't give me any bump in sales. I'll have to see how this one affects sales.

I only have 1 review on Amazon right now (Thanks, Georgia!). So, if you have read it for free, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a review.

Also, A Loss of Standards, a short story, is now up on Smashwords for $0.99. I have set up tabs  for my writing at the top of this page. Click on Short Stories for the link to Smashwords.

Second - frost.

Ugh, we may have lost a lot of fruit to the frost on Tuesday night. The apple farmers in the area are very worried. When the fruit is this small, the damage doesn't show up right away. I can see discoloration on a lot of fruit - apricots, plums, cherries, blueberries and grapes. Just have to wait to see if it means ugly fruit or no fruit at all. And we were so excited about how well everything was coming along. Bummer

Third - the moon.

Now I'm not sure whether it's the moon or the tremendous wind for the past few days, the barometric pressure or sunspots, but I have been antsy and cranky and seriously ADD. No writing, no reading and a bare minimum on gardening. Today I feel better. Hopefully, I'll be able to concentrate for more than 10 minutes on something.

Now back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment