Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Note

This is a program that came with my MS Office software. It took me a long time to get around to checking it out. I threw some odds and ends in there, then got too busy and forgot all about it. Now that I'm sorting through the rewrite of the tome, I've found a use for it.

I am taking all the miscellaneous notes scribbled here and there and loading them into a "notebook" that has sections and pages and even sub-pages. It's exciting to have all of the information at a glance. And I can open it while I'm writing and toss in any new nugget that I've invented.

The best part is that it makes me think through some facets of the world more carefully. Things that I jotted down way back in the infancy of the project might no longer be true. And a good portion of it might not be applicable until book 2 or 3, but it's in there!

Getting organized makes it easier for me to think. Now I can open the planet section and see what the inhabitants look like and maybe some of their religions or customs. Sigh. I can load maps and pictures and charts. An OCD nerd's dream.

Now I need to get back to actually writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment