Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

CreateSpace

I have been spending a lot of time working on putting White Lies into the proper formatting for CreateSpace. I went into this with completely the wrong idea. It isn't like Kindle or Smashwords where you just upload a clean doc. Oh no. You are designing the book!

Which for me is fun. I took a bookbinding course once. It was essentially for artists creating their own books of original artwork, but it helped me understand some things for CreateSpace. I got to choose the look of the book. But wow, was it time consuming!

I've been busy with pay-the-bills work lately, which eats up my writing time. Add the book designing in and I didn't do any writing at all last week. At first I felt guilty, but all my spare time was going into getting White Lies ready for print, so that isn't bad. It isn't like I spent all that time shopping or surfing the net.

I'm pretty much done with the interior text and cover. Unfortunately, the cover I designed for the ebook won't work for the print. It was easier to go with their template and come as close as possible to the original version. The next step is to get an actual book to proof. Way cool!

Now maybe I can get some writing done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment