Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Reptile day

I live in a suburban area in an older development. The trees are mature and most houses have a screen of trees between them. I am used to seeing birds and squirrels and chipmunks.

Yesterday I found a king snake in the compost, a toad in the trash can and lizards on the driveway.

In other wildlife, there was a visit from a baby bunny (glad I fenced the lettuce bed!)

We'd been hearing this loud croaking in the side yard for days. And wondering if it was a bird, insect or frog. I was astonished to find a toad/frog (not sure of the difference) clinging to the inside of my empty trash can. Maybe it was like singing in the bathroom - he liked the acoustics. Since I freed him, we haven't had any evening chorus. Hope he found his way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment