Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rain

A lovely gray, damp, rainy day. I have high hope of getting lots of writing done.

I've been thinking about what draws me into a story. I think it is when I see the story through the character's heart. It doesn't need to be first person. I've read plenty of stories in third person that sucked me in immediately. Perhaps it was a strictly limited 3rd person.

I read somewhere that Harry Potter is an excellent example of limited 3rd person. Everything is seen from his point of view. Various tricks of visions, dreams and eavesdropping are used for any information that Harry doesn't personally witness. I love the Harry Potter books. I fell into them easily and happily.

So I need to think about my characters and see how I can add more heart to each of the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment