Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

WIP Update

I think all the bones are there - front to back. Although a few of the chapters jump a bit too abruptly. I think I may need to write a bridge here or there to smooth the transition. Seems there's a fine line between brevity and too spare.

In thinking about the action, I think there might need to be a few more twists. Some of the writing is left over from the original which I wrote nearly 15 years ago. It might be too direct. Allowing the characters to achieve their goal too easily. I may need to toss in a few more obstructions to heighten the pace.

But I am please to be where I am in mid-July. At this pace, it is highly possible that I can reach my goal of self-pubbing by the end of the year. Amazing.

People have said that they find it freeing to self-publish. The timetables are their own. And things come to market much more swiftly. I agree. I don't have to worry that I haven't hit all of the required points put forth by an agent. And all that waiting, possibly years of it to sell a book.

I have plans for the next and the next and the one after that. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment